Time spent on the water is always time well spent, and kayaking offers a great way to explore waterways, get a workout, or relax while fishing. Seylor offers a wide variety of sit-in kayaks (SIK) to match any water activity. Our Colorado inflatable kayak is the perfect choice for a 2-persom kayaking fishing trip. It’s a paddle kayak but has mounts for a small trolling motor to get further out much faster. It’s also important to stay safe while participating in any water sport or boating activity. Check out our selection life jackets and floatation devices. Some important features to look for when choosing a PFD are the fitment and the classification type. Your life vest should fit comfortably without being too tight or loose and the classification should match your activity.
Here are the 5 Life Vest PFD Classifications
• Type I PFDs / Off-Shore Life Jackets - Best for all waters, open ocean, rough seas, or remote water, where rescue may be slow.
• Type II PFDs / Near-Shore Buoyant Vests - For general boating activities. Good for calm, inland waters, or where a fast rescue is plausible.
• Type III PFDs / Flotations Aids - For general boating or the specialized activity that is marked on the PFD such as water skiing, hunting, or kayaking.
• Type IV PFDs / Throwable Devices – Ring buoys or buoyant cushions.
• Type V PFDs / Special Use Devices - Only for special uses or conditions. See label for limits of use