Guide Series® 424 Stove
Cook breakfast, lunch and dinner in any weather on the Coleman® Guide Series® Dual Fuel™ Stove. The cooking surface fits two 10-in. pans simultaneously above two Band-a-Blu™ burners that deliver a total 14,000 BTUs of cooking power. With Dual Fuel™ Technology, which gives you the option of using Coleman® Liquid Fuel or unleaded gasoline, you can take less fuel with you to save money and packing space. WindBlock™ panels help shield your flame from wind and can adjust in and out to fit various pan sizes. When the meal is over, the chrome-plated grate removes for simple and quick cleanup.
• Dual Fuel™ design conveniently burns Coleman® Liquid Fuel or unleaded gasoline
• 1 gallon of Coleman® Liquid Fuel lasts as long as 4.5 cylinders of propane
• Wind Block™ panels help shield burners from wind and adjust for various pan sizes
• Band-a-Blu™ burners for reliable cooking power
• All Season Strong™ technology provides reliable operation in all weather conditions
• 14,000 total BTUs of cooking power
• Fits two 10-in. pans at the same time
• Durable, chrome-plated grate is removable for easy cleaning
• Lasts up to 2 hours with both burners on high on 2.5 pints of Coleman® Liquid Fuel or unleaded gasoline (both sold separately)
• Perfect for camping, hunting, tailgating and other outdoor occasions
• Filtering funnel included
• 5-year limited warranty
• Made in the USA
Guide Series® 424 Stove is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nathan from 25+ years going strong My mom won this in a radio contest about 25-ish years ago and it has been used on many camping trips since. Years passed and it began to act up, and then got shoved to the side. Recently, I saved it from being sold off in a yard sale and was determined to get it going again. After a little bit of messing around I figured out the problem was that the pump seal had gone dry. A little bit of wd-40 fixed that problem, and it was running great again. I have used it several times since, using it to boil pots of water and such, and plan on taking it with me on next trip I make to a state park nearby. It puts out good heat, as good as or better than our electric induction stove inside. It lights about as well as I would expect from a gas stove, but I still recommend using nothing shorter than a kitchen match or a bbq lighter. The farther away your hands are the better. It holds up weight well, I tested this with a 6 qt. cast iron pot full of water and didn't give a sign of trouble. Overall I would say it has a good time-tested design, being simple, durable, reliable, and easy to use with a bit of practice.
Date published: 2017-11-01
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kim1 from Poor Quality - Burner/Tube Does not line up This is now our 2nd replacement warranty stove in less then a year. There is misalignment with the fuel tank & tube, and burner assemlby when attached to the stove. Because of the misalignment, the tube does not properly fit into the 'female' burner . It appears the main burner assembly is not attached in the exact spot it needs to be for the tube to fully inside, and causes the tank not to hang properly on the front.
Date published: 2018-01-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by unklez from Affordable and useable This is to use while camping to avoid heating up the camper.
Date published: 2017-11-07
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 16.1.1, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 34ms
- reviews, product