Canadian Bacon, Tomato, and Egg Campfire Stacks
Hands-On: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 4
- 4 English muffins, split and lightly buttered on cut sides
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 Canadian bacon slices
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ripe tomato slices (from 1 medium tomato)
- Heat a camping stove to medium- high (about 375° to 400°F), or fit a grilling grate over the direct heat of the embers. Preheat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet on the camping stove or grilling grate 5 minutes. Place the muffin halves, buttered side down, in the skillet, and cook until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the muffins from the skillet, and set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the skillet; add the bacon slices, and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the bacon slices form skillet, and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet; add the eggs, and cook, without stirring, until the eggs start to set on bottom. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until desired degree of doneness.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and smoked paprika. Place one bacon slice on the toasted side of each of four muffin halves; top evenly with cooked eggs. Top each with one tomato slice, another bacon slice, and a dollop of lemon mayonnaise. Cover with the remaining muffin halves, and serve immediately.
Click here to buy: "Coleman The Outdoor Adventure Cookbook: The Official Cookbook from America's Camping Authority"