Your Browser Is No Longer Supported. Please use an alternative browser to improve your experience and security.
Cast-Iron Skillet Gnocchi with Pesto
Hands-On: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 8 ounces pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 (16-ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 cup chopped scallions (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 small tomatoes)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¾ cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Heat a camping stove to medium-high (about 375° to 400°F), or fit a grilling grate over the direct heat of glowing embers.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on the camping stove or grilling grate directly over the heat source. Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook, stirring until the sausage crumbles and starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Push the sausage to one side of the skillet.
- Add the gnocchi to the empty side of the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally until browned, about 1 minute. Stir the tomatoes, stock, and beans into the mixture in the skillet; cover and cook 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese; cook, uncovered, until the liquid is thickened, the gnocchi is tender, and the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.
Click here to buy: "Coleman The Outdoor Adventure Cookbook: The Official Cookbook from America's Camping Authority"