Your Browser Is No Longer Supported. Please use an alternative browser to improve your experience and security.
Hands-On: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: Serves 6
- 1 pound fresh deli pizza dough
- 1 large zucchini (about 8 ounces, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- ½ yellow squash (about 3 ½ ounces), cut into ½ - inch-thick slices
- ½ medium-sized eggplant (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into ½ inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup jarred pizza sauce
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Let the pizza dough stand unrefrigerated until pliable, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Heat a camping stove or grill to high (about 400° to 450°F). Coat the grilling grate with cooking spray, and place on the camping stove or grill.
- Brush the zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and arrange on the grilling grate; grill the zucchini and squash until charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Grill the eggplant until charred and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Roughly chop the charred vegetables.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high (about 375° to 400°F). Roll, pull, or stretch the pizza dough to a 13-inch circle or 14- x 8-inch rectangle. Place on the greased grilling grate; brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Grill 90 seconds, popping any bubbles that form on the surface. Turn and grill 90 seconds. Remove to a work surface. Spread the pizza sauce over the crust, leaving a 1/2 -inch border. Top with the grilled vegetables, tomatoes, and cheese. Sprinkle with the pepper flakes and salt. Grill, covered, until the cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil leaves, and brush the edges with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Click here to buy: "Coleman The Outdoor Adventure Cookbook: The Official Cookbook from America's Camping Authority"