Grilled Shrimp Remoulade Po' Boys
Hands-On: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 6
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup slices scallions
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh juice (from 1 large lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds raw medium- sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Heat a camping stove or grill to medium (about 350° to 375°F), or fit a grilling grate over the direct heat of glowing embers. Stir together the mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, zest, juice, hot sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Toss the shrimp, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Grill the shrimp on the camping stove or grilling grate directly over the heat source just until they turn pink, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Brush the cut sides of the rolls evenly with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Grill, cut sides down, until slightly charred and crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the cut sides of each roll with about 1 tablespoon remoulade. Divide the shrimp and lettuce evenly among the bottom halves of the rolls. Cover with the tops of the rolls. Serve with the remaining remoulade.
Click here to buy: "Coleman The Outdoor Adventure Cookbook: The Official Cookbook from America's Camping Authority"