S’mores French Toast Sandwiches
Hands-On: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 4
- 1 French bread loaf
- ½ cup hazelnut- chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 8 regular-sized marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers (1 sheet)
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
- Heat a camping stove to medium- high (about 375° to 400°F), or fit a grilling grate over the direct heat of glowing embers. Cut the bread loaf diagonally into 8 (1/2- to ¾ - inch) slice. Spread one side of each bread slice with 1 tablespoon hazelnut-chocolate spread. Top each of four slices with 2 marshmallows and 1 graham cracker. Cover with the remaining bread slices, hazelnut-chocolate spread side down.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet on the camping stove or grilling grate. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, coating on both sides. Add 2 sandwiches to hot oil in skillet, and cook until the bread is golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. (Adjust the heat to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.) Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and two sandwiches. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Click here to buy: "Coleman The Outdoor Adventure Cookbook: The Official Cookbook from America's Camping Authority"